Welcome to the Mount Airy Elk's Lodge! We are located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Surry County, NC on Elks Drive just off Andy Griffith Parkway (US 52) in Mount Airy, NC. Stop by and join us for some fun and fellowship!
Elks Care. Elks Share!
Although its a small town lodge, Elkdom is very much alive and well in Mount Airy. Between activities in the Ballroom, catered events in the Dining Room, billiards and ping pong in the Rec Room, fun at the pool, and live entertainment in our spacious lounge, there's always something going on at the Mount Airy Lodge.
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays except July and August when we meet on the 2nd Thursday only. Meetings are held in the ballroom at 7:00 PM.
Elks CreedBelieve in the goodness in thy self, as well as in others.
Protect childhood with tenderness, old age with respect, cherish with reverence the memory of those who have passed.
Observe faithfully the golden rule.
Enjoy the good things of earth, keep within thee the glorious sunshine of youth and remain always of good cheer.
Brother and Sister Elks:
Greetings, as we embrace the warm temperatures of summer. There are so many things that our Elks Lodge can “beat our chest” about as of recent happenings. I was proud to represent your lodge, along with 20+ other elk brothers and sisters at the 2017 NC Elks Spring convention. It was humbling to be seen as the ER of such a great Elks lodge, accepting awards that will be named below.
Congratulations to: Mark Marion -Open 11 O’Clock Toast State Champion, Jacob Cooke-ER 11 O’Clock Toast State Champion. Congratulations to our lodge for a host of awards including: State Americanism and WC district Americanism awards, Camp Care Free Platinum level giving award, Highest Per Capita ENF donation for our district. And last but certainly not least, congratulations to Tommy Marion for taking home the ER of the year for WC district. I took a lot of credit for success that was truly earned by Tommy and you, as devoted members of our great Lodge. The ER ball was a success. Our outgoing ER gave recognition to several deserving Elks. The one and only Mark Alderman was awarded with Officer of the year. Denise Connolly was awarded with Elk of the year, Ray Flippen and Tom Harp were awarded as outstanding Eks and Mark Marion was awarded with Citizen of the year.
There will be a Flag day Celebration on Sunday, June 11th. Members, please attend this wonderful ceremony put on by the Veterans Committee. It is a worthy use of your time to honor your Flag and what stands for and I personally, can’t wait to partake in this event!
The PER committee will be selling tickets to anyone interested for a Sig Sauer P320. Tickets will be sold by members of the PER committee and will go to benefit our local Boy Scout Troops. Please buy some tickets to benefit a great cause and possibly win a sweet prize. My understanding is 1 ticket for 20 or 3 are being sold for 50. You don’t have to be present to win either!
Get your swim suits ready! The pool is slated to open by June 10th. Please remember that we are a private club and all guests must be physically accompanied by a member. If you have questions about rules, please don’t hesitate to ask. A big THANK YOU to those of you who have volunteered your time and equipment, including: Jeff Day, Ray Flippen, Shannon Sutphin, Tom Harp, Norm Marion, Tommy Marion, Mark Alderman and Randy Culler . If I have left anyone out please let me know so that recognition can be given where it is due in our bi-weekly meetings.
Be sure to check your e-mail, our website, our Facebook page, and the monthly calendar for more June events. Please attend as many events as possible to support our Lodge.
Thoughts and prayers go out to the following: Our Country, our Service Men and Women, Debbie Eldridge as she battles cancer. Eileen Kidd, wife to the late PER Gary Kidd, as she deals with the recent loss of her father and husband, Brian Shelton’s wife, Robert Easter’s brother, Ray Flippen's brother, Mark and Sara Marion’s son-in-law, and Terry Scott's wife as they battle illness. As I may not be aware, please let me know if you or someone in our Lodge is suffering from sickness or has lost a loved one.
An Elk is never forgotten, never forsaken!
- Be Benevolent and pay your dues, Mount Airy Lodge 2061 and Elkdom needs you. Remember The Elks and all our Charitable work!!!! !!!! Propose a new member or sponsor a reinstatement.
- We NEED the help of our members to make events happen. If you are interested in helping on a committee, please talk to Jacob Cooke or any of the officers!
- Upcoming event emails are sent as needed. Please submit your email address to receive updates. Send an email to email@example.com
Elks National Foundation - Most Valuable Student Scholarships
Two local students are recipients of $1000.00 awards from the North Carolina State Elks Association! Congratulations to Daniel Alvarez-Orlachia from Surry Central High School and Caleb Cooke from North Surry High School! We wish you success and great achievement in your college careers.
Mt. Airy Elks - PER Association Fundraiser
1 for $20 or 3 for $50
Proceeds to build Picnoc Shelter at Boy Scout Camp Raven Knob
- 1rst Prize - Sig P320 9mm Handgun
- 2nd Prize - Sog Kiku Knife
- 3rd Prize - Sog Sideswipe Knife
Summer Kickoff Party - Red Solo Cup Games!
- Meet and Greet for New Elks
- Open Grill (Bring Your Own Meat)
- Elks Lodge to provide some side dishes
- Members to bring remaining side dishes (sign-up sheet will be posted in the lodge if interested)
- Corn Hole, Beer Pong and Flip Cup Tournaments (entry fee required & prizes to be awarded)
- **Last Chance PER Gun Tickets**
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge 27th Annual Poker Run
Registration begins 11am; Kickstands up 1PM
Donation 15 First Hand; 5 Second Hand
Music and Food after the ride
Proceeds to benefit local Boy Scout Troops
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge 2017 Gun Giveaway
*Firearms on this list are subject to availability. Every effort will be made to provide the exact model as listed. Any minor substitutions that may be required are beyond the control of the Mount Airy Elks Lodge and Gun Country Inc.
The gunlist is available here. Here's how it works:
- 01-02-17 #279 Randy Bullin
- 01-09-17 #999 Ty Eades
- 01-16-17 #725 Darrell Garner
- 01-23-17 #984 Chris Dunbar
- 01-30-17 #211 Keith Cummings
- 02-06-17 #287 Melvin T. Jackson
- 02-13-17 #963 Mark Johnson
- 02-20-17 #088 Jammy Shinault
- 02-27-17 #930 Cory Haymore
- 03-06-17 #229 William Lawson
- 03-13-17 #435 Chuck Taylor
- 03-20-17 #044 Billy Hawks
- 03-27-17 #942 Mike Mills
- 04-03-17 #050 Larry Haynes
- 04-10-17 #581 Mike Gammons
- 04-17-17 #888 Tim Stevens
- 04-24-17 #143 Gary Simmons
- 05-01-17 #985 Chris Dunbar
- 05-08-17 #649 Kevin Clark
- 05-15-17 #875 Sam Self
- 05-22-17 #944 Wayne Quesenberry
- 05-29-17 #580 Kenneth Potts
- 06-05-17 #772 Grant Adams
- 06-12-17 #307 Brad Harrell
- 06-19-17 #509 Not Sold
- 06-26-17 #008 Gary Myers