Welcome to the Mount Airy Elk's Lodge! We are located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Surry County, NC on Elks Drive just off Andy Griffith Parkway (US 52) in Mount Airy, NC. Stop by and join us for some fun and fellowship!
Elks Care. Elks Share!
Although its a small town lodge, Elkdom is very much alive and well in Mount Airy. Between activities in the Ballroom, catered events in the Dining Room, billiards and ping pong in the Rec Room, fun at the pool, and live entertainment in our spacious lounge, there's always something going on at the Mount Airy Lodge.
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays except July and August when we meet on the 2nd Thursday only. Meetings are held in the ballroom at 7:00 PM.
Elks CreedBelieve in the goodness in thy self, as well as in others.
Protect childhood with tenderness, old age with respect, cherish with reverence the memory of those who have passed.
Observe faithfully the golden rule.
Enjoy the good things of earth, keep within thee the glorious sunshine of youth and remain always of good cheer.
- Be Benevolent and pay your dues, Mount Airy Lodge 2061 and Elkdom needs you. Remember The Elks and all our Charitable work!!!! !!!! Propose a new member or sponsor a reinstatement.
- We NEED the help of our members to make events happen. If you are interested in helping on a committee, please talk to Jacob Cooke or any of the officers!
- Upcoming event emails are sent as needed. Please submit your email address to receive updates. Send an email to email@example.com
An Elk is never forgotten, never forsaken!
Mount Airy Elks Announce Scholarship Opportunities
The Mt. Airy Elks Lodge is doing big things to help local youth. Elks invest in our nation’s future by helping deserving students attend the colleges of their dreams. This year, the ENF is investing 2.44 million in college scholarships for our nation’s future leaders. We’ve invested wisely. MVS scholars—all of whom demonstrate scholarship, leadership and financial need—are graduating from college at a rate of nearly 90 percent, about 40 percent higher than the national average.
In addition, The NC Elks Association awards Nursing scholarships to applicants accepted in qualified NC Schools of Nursing. Nursing scholarship application forms may be downloaded from http://ncelks.org/programs/nursing-scholarship/
ENF Most Valuable Student Scholarship
Through the Most Valuable Student (MVS) competition, The Elks National Foundation will award 20 top scholarships ranging from 20,000 to 50,000. The remaining 480 runners-up will receive 4,000 scholarships.
The MVS scholarship is available to high school seniors who are United States citizens. Applicants do not need to be related to a member of the Elks. Males and females compete separately and are judged on scholarship, leadership and financial need.
Applications for the 2017 contest are available online at http://enf.elks.org/mvs
The deadline is November 27, 2017. The 500 national winners will be announced in late April 2018, after the top 20 finalists participate in the Leadership Weekend in Chicago, April 26-29, 2018.
Applications must advance through local, district, and state competitions to reach national judging. All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university.
MVS Applications must be submitted online by November 27, 2017.
ENF Legacy Awards for Elks Families
Established in 1998, the ENF Legacy Awards scholarship program offers 300 collegescholarships worth $4,000 each to the children and grandchildren of Elks members. Eligibility: College-bound high school seniors whoare the children or grandchildren of dues-paying Elks are welcome to apply. Applicants compete against other children and grandchildren from the state of their sponsoring Elks Lodge. They are judged on the core values of the Elks National Foundation:
- Community Service
Deadline: Applications must be submitted online on or before February 2, 2018, at 11:59 a.m. Central Time.
Contact: For more information about eligibility requirements and to obtain the online application, visit http://enf.elks.org/leg
Break out your spooky best and join us on the hill for a ghoulish party!
- DJ - Gold Crown
- Costume Contest
- Prizes for Top 3 Costumes!
Motorcycle Committee Donates to Local Scout Troops
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge #2061 Invitational
- Shotgun Start at 11AM
- Entry Fee is $240 per team (4 person Captain's Choice)
- All proceeds will benfit local Veteran's and Children's Charities
- Dinner to be provided after the event at Mt. Airy Elks Lodge #2061
- Cash Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Finishes
- Closest to the pin, Longest Drive, and Door Prizes will also be awarded
- Mulligans and 50/50 Tickets will be available for purchase
- Hole Sponsorships are still available
- Registration must be submitted by October 6, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions please contact: Jeff Day at 336-366-9885 or Richard Grosshiem at 517-260-6303 Download the flyer here
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge Gratitude Grant
The Mt. Airy Elks Lodge recently received a Gratitude Grant from the Elks National Foundation (ENF). Gratitude Grants are the ENF's way of saying "thank you" to participating Elks Lodges, giving the local lodge an opportunity to think about how best to serve the community and make it stronger.
The Mt. Airy Elks Lodge opted to split the $2500 grant between two local organizations who provide support for individuals and families in crisis; The Shepherd's House and Maranatha Homeless Outreach. For Shepherd's House, the lodge provided cleaning supplies, toiletries, housekeeping items, and groceries. For Maranatha Homeless Outreach, the lodge provided blankets, sleeping bags, toiletries, and groceries. The items were presented to the recipients on June 22
The Shepherd's House is a result of various discussions and meetings held, along with many prayers which were lifted up before it's inception by a number of groups and individuals in the community over the homeless situation. The awareness continues to grow and as it does, the citizens of Surry County continue to grow in their support for one solution to the problem, "The Shepherd's House". The Shepherd's House has served over 1500 clients, providing meals, shelter, counseling, transportation, and various other services to individuals and families in crisis. P.O. Box 1722, Mount Airy, NC 27030 Telephone: (336) 786-1420 Email: email@example.com
Maranatha Homeless Outreach is a ministry called out by God for such a time as this. Our goal is to reach as many lost homeless and hurting people we can to share the hope and gospel of Jesus Christ with them, we feed, clothe, and love them. P.O. Box 604, Toast, NC 27049 Call (336) 320-8387
NC State Association of Elks
The The Summer 2017 Newsletter is now available
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge 2017 Gun Giveaway
The gunlist is available here. *Firearms on this list are subject to availability. Every effort will be made to provide the exact model as listed. Any minor substitutions that may be required are beyond the control of the Mount Airy Elks Lodge and Gun Country Inc.
Here's how it works:
- One gun given away each week starting on Monday, January 2, 2017
- There will be 1000 tickets sold numbered 000 - 999
- Winning number is the Monday Pick-3 Day Drawing of Virginia Lottery
- There will be 52 Guns Given Away
- Each ticket is eligible for all 52 drawings. Your ticket can win more than once!
- Winning Ticket must be presented at Gun Country (421 Hadley Street, Mt. Airy, NC 27030)
- Lost or misplaced ticket: Ticket holder must contact Mt. Airy Elks lodge for verification
- Guns must be picked up within 30 days or that week's win will be void
- Ticket holder must be at least 18 years of age
- 01-02-17 #279 Randy Bullin
- 01-09-17 #999 Ty Eades
- 01-16-17 #725 Darrell Garner
- 01-23-17 #984 Chris Dunbar
- 01-30-17 #211 Keith Cummings
- 02-06-17 #287 Melvin T. Jackson
- 02-13-17 #963 Mark Johnson
- 02-20-17 #088 Jammy Shinault
- 02-27-17 #930 Cory Haymore
- 03-06-17 #229 William Lawson
- 03-13-17 #435 Chuck Taylor
- 03-20-17 #044 Billy Hawks
- 03-27-17 #942 Mike Mills
- 04-03-17 #050 Larry Haynes
- 04-10-17 #581 Mike Gammons
- 04-17-17 #888 Tim Stevens
- 04-24-17 #143 Gary Simmons
- 05-01-17 #985 Chris Dunbar
- 05-08-17 #649 Kevin Clark
- 05-15-17 #875 Sam Self
- 05-22-17 #944 Wayne Quesenberry
- 05-29-17 #580 Kenneth Potts
- 06-05-17 #772 Grant Adams
- 06-12-17 #307 Brad Harrell
- 06-19-17 #509 Not Sold
- 06-26-17 #008 Gary Myers
- 07-03-17 #905 Greg Marshall
- 07-10-17 #047 Rick Shelton
- 07-17-17 #546 Not Sold
- 07-24-17 #319 Elks MC
- 07-31-17 #786 Chris Dunbar
- 08-07-17 #485 Bruce Bowers
- 08-14-17 #597 Trent Tucker
- 08-21-17 #129 Marty Dunbar
- 08-28-17 #671 Dennis Dowling
- 09-04-17 #511 Mark Hiatt
- 09-11-17 #603 Not Sold
- 09-18-17 #822 Mike Craddock
- 09-25-17 #863 Jed Kidd
- 10-02-17 #099 Rossie George
- 10-09-17 #776 Robert Easter
- 10-16-17 #631 Glenn Woods