Welcome to Mount Airy, NC Lodge No. 2061, of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the United States of America! We are located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Surry County, NC on Elks Drive just off Andy Griffith Parkway (US 52) in Mount Airy, NC. Stop by and join us for some fun and fellowship!
Elks Care. Elks Share!
Although its a small town lodge, Elkdom is very much alive and well in Mount Airy. Between activities in the Ballroom, catered events in the Dining Room, billiards and ping pong in the Rec Room, fun at the pool, and live entertainment in our spacious lounge, there's always something going on at the Mount Airy Lodge.
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays except July and August when we meet on the 2nd Thursday only. Meetings are held in the ballroom at 7:00 PM.
Elks CreedBelieve in the goodness in thy self, as well as in others.
Protect childhood with tenderness, old age with respect, cherish with reverence the memory of those who have passed.
Observe faithfully the golden rule.
Enjoy the good things of earth, keep within thee the glorious sunshine of youth and remain always of good cheer.
Beginning Thursday, March 11, 2021 Mount Airy Elks Lodge will reopen following CDC recommendations for masks and social distancing.
The Pool is OPEN!
Fern & Pop's Charity Walk for Veterans
The Pop and Fern’s Veterans Walk, is inspired by two of our Elk members. Pop, a veteran himself, and his wife, Fern have represented our organization with excellence. These two have served as the Veterans committee for over 20 years, pouring their hearts out to this great cause.
The walk is a 1 Mile & 5K Meter (3.1 Mile) one to be held, rain or shine, at Veteran's Park in Mount Airy, NC on Saturday, September 25, 2021 starting at 9:45 AM. Admission is a $10 donation with all proceeds going to the NC State Veterans Home and to Elks Veterans Charities. The first 100 paid entries receive a free T-shirt. The Entry Form is available here.
Sponsorship proposals are as follows:
- Bronze ($100) signage for walk
- Silver ($200) Name of company printed on T shirt (small)
- Gold ($500) Name of company printed on T shirt (large) with Additional acknowledgement upon event start.
Schedule of Events
- 09:45 AM Welcome and Registration
- 10:00 AM Presentations
- 10:00 AM Walks begin
- 11:00 AM Food and Fun for all ages
691 West Lebanon Street
Mount Airy, NC 27030
Elks National Foundation - Most Valuable Student Competition
Apply at Elks.org
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants do not need to be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are submitted; Permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
NC Elks Nursing Scholarships
The NC Elks Association encourages education in Nursing with its Nursing Scholarship program. The program awards $1000, one year scholarships to the winners.
The student must be in their high school senior year and participating in a school curriculum that involves health care activities. It is not necessary that the student already be accepted for enrollment in a post high school nursing program but he/she must have made application. If the student is not accepted to or pursuing a qualified post high school program in nursing, the award is forfeited.
Full details and application forms are available at NC Elks Nursing Scholarships
- Be Benevolent and pay your dues, Mount Airy Lodge 2061 and Elkdom needs you. Remember The Elks and all our Charitable work!!!! !!!! Propose a new member or sponsor a reinstatement.
- We NEED the help of our members to make events happen. If you are interested in helping on a committee, please talk to Tim Richards, Mark Alderman, or any of the officers!
- Upcoming event emails are sent as needed. Please submit your email address to receive updates. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Elk is never forgotten, never forsaken!
North Carolina State Elks Association
The NCSEA Newsletter April - May 2021 is available. The newsletter provides information from Elks Lodges throughout North Carolina.
See some of our past projects on the Lodge History page including support of the Children's Center, the Veterans Fishing Mission, a Shelter at Boy Scout Camp Raven Knob, as well as a book donation program.