Welcome to the Mount Airy Elk's Lodge! We are located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Surry County, NC on Elks Drive just off Andy Griffith Parkway (US 52) in Mount Airy, NC. Stop by and join us for some fun and fellowship!
Elks Care. Elks Share!
Although its a small town lodge, Elkdom is very much alive and well in Mount Airy. Between activities in the Ballroom, catered events in the Dining Room, billiards and ping pong in the Rec Room, fun at the pool, and live entertainment in our spacious lounge, there's always something going on at the Mount Airy Lodge.
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays except July and August when we meet on the 2nd Thursday only. Meetings are held in the ballroom at 7:00 PM.
Elks CreedBelieve in the goodness in thy self, as well as in others.
Protect childhood with tenderness, old age with respect, cherish with reverence the memory of those who have passed.
Observe faithfully the golden rule.
Enjoy the good things of earth, keep within thee the glorious sunshine of youth and remain always of good cheer.
Brother and Sister Elks:
Hello Elks! This newsletter is coming from your new Exalted Ruler. There is a tough act to follow as Tommy Marion steps away from this position. What an example he has set for me and everyone else. Tommy, thank you for all the blood, sweat and tears you have put into being our ER over the past 2 years. I also need to thank Mark Alderman, as should any other Elk, for his continued and ongoing commitment to our lodge. These two have been “grooming” me for this position relentlessly. Their efforts deserve a hats-off, standing ovation. I will continue seeking advice and guidance from our current Elk leaders and PERs, as we get everything squared away during this transition.
The 2017-2018 officers will be a solid foundation for what is to come. Our committees that are in place have all my confidence. I feel that as Elks, we are family and I can’t wait to draw closer to my Elk family. I look forward to our continued growth doing all of the wonderful things that we do. I welcome the challenges that await us, as we face new and exciting opportunities moving forward. Such great things are in store!
The wonderful Fern Smith will be leading a group to roll down to the NC State Veterans Nursing Home in Salisbury on Saturday, April 8th, for our annual Veterans’ Committee Easter Trip. This is right around the corner. The Elks State Spring Convention will be held in Wilmington, May 12th, through May 14th. Also, remember that the Motorcycle Committee’s Mountain to the Coast Veterans Tribute Ride will be taking place on May 11th, through the 14th, coinciding with the convention.
Brooklyn Gammons continues to dominate the free throw line, advancing from state finals to the nationals. Please continue your cheers, thoughts and prayers for our state hoop shoot winner in the 10 to 11 year old girls’ bracket. Remember her and her family as they travel to Chicago IL, April 22nd.
Single qualifier pool tournament hosted by Will Kennedy will take place Friday, April 21st. Sign up at 6:00 PM, break time at 7:00 PM. 5.00 ahead. No door prize. Please come support this event if you are able.
Be sure to check your e-mail, our website, our Facebook page, and the monthly calendar for more May events. Please attend as many events as possible to support our Lodge. Please remember to hand our visiting guests an application upon their first visit and be mindful of our private club status as an Elks Lodge.
Please keep the following people in your thoughts and prayers: Our Country, our Service Men and Women; PER Gary Kidd as he faces medical issues; Brian Shelton’s wife, Robert Easter’s brother, Ray Flippen's brother, Mark and Sara Marion’s son-in-law, and Terry Scott's wife as they battle illness. As I may not be aware, please let me know if you or someone in our Lodge is suffering from sickness or has lost a loved one.
An Elk is never forgotten, never forsaken!
North Carolina State Elks Association - Winter 2017 Newsletter
The North Carolina State Elks Association Winter 2017 Newsletter is now available online.
- Be Benevolent and pay your dues, Mount Airy Lodge 2061 and Elkdom needs you. Remember The Elks and all our Charitable work!!!! !!!! Propose a new member or sponsor a reinstatement.
- We NEED the help of our members to make events happen. If you are interested in helping on a committee, please talk to Tommy Marion!
- Upcoming event emails are sent as needed. Please submit your email address to receive updates. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Elks National Foundation - Most Valuable Student Scholarships
Two local students are recipients of $1000.00 awards from the North Carolina State Elks Association! Congratulations to Daniel Alvarez-Orlachia from Surry Central High School and Caleb Cooke from North Surry High School! We wish you success and great achievement in your college careers.
Elks Hoop Shoot
NC State Hoop Shoot Champions
NC State finalists competed at the Southeast Central Region 10 Hoop Shoot Final on 03/11/17 in Middletown, MD
Congrats Brooklyn Gammons!
Brooklyn Gammons of Mt. Airy, NC will be representing us at the national contest on 4/22/17 in Chicago, IL! Here's Brooklyn modelling her champioinship t-shirt that our own Lisa Flynn made for the occasion.
A Free Throw Program for Youth Ages 8-13
The Hoop Shoot is free to all participants and provides youth an opportunity to compete, connect and succeed.
The 2017 Hoop Shoot National Finals will take place April 22, 2017 in Chicago, IL.
Find out more!
Annual Visit to NC State Veterans Nursing Home in Salisbury
Members who wish to come along should meet at Mountain View Restaurant in Pilot Mountain at 8AM
Single Qualifier Tournament
$5 Entry Fee
Open to Members and Guests of Members
From the Mountains to the Coast
Tribute Ride - Honor Our Veterans
The Mount Airy Elks Lodge Motorcycle Committee is proud to announce the 1st annual "From the Mountains to the Coast" tribute ride. We would like for every lodge in NC to participate in this ride from the mountains to the coast. All Elks and their guests – including cars and trucks – are welcome. Download the ride flyer here.
This ride is not a fundraiser or poker run. The ride is to honor our VETERANS and show our support for their sacrifices to our country.
Be sure to make reservations ASAP at the coast.
*Reservations will be going fast due to fishing season*
- Meeting at Mt. Airy lodge at 8 am and pulling out at 8:30
- 1st scheduled gathering location will be the Greensboro Elks Lodge (2201 W. Cornwallis Dr.) on May 11 at 10:00am and kickstands up at 10:30am. The route will be 220 to Rockingham – approximately 86 miles, 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 2nd gathering location is the Citgo (481 US Hwy 1 S. in Rockingham) at 12:00pm and kickstands up at 12:45pm. Traveling I-74 E – approximately 55 miles, 1 hour.
- 3rd gathering location is the Sun-Do (Exit 213 at 3623 MLK Jr. Dr. in Lumberton) at 1:45pm and kickstands up at 2:15pm. Approximately 80 miles, 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 4th and final destination is the Wilmington Elks Lodge (5102 Oleander Dr.) at 3:45pm.
- Marty Dunbar: (336)325-9348
- Mark Marion: (336)408-1706
- Tommy Marion: (336)374-0509
- Mark Alderman: (336)401-3481
- Tony Gentry: (336)401-5031
As long as there are veterans, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks will never forget them!
Looking forward to seeing everyone for fellowship and good times for this worthy cause.
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge 2017 Gun Giveaway
*Firearms on this list are subject to availability. Every effort will be made to provide the exact model as listed. Any minor substitutions that may be required are beyond the control of the Mount Airy Elks Lodge and Gun Country Inc.
The gunlist is available here. Here's how it works:
- 01-02-17 #279 Randy Bullin
- 01-09-17 #999 Ty Eades
- 01-16-17 #725 Darrell Garner
- 01-23-17 #984 Chris Dunbar
- 01-30-17 #211 Keith Cummings
- 02-06-17 #287 Melvin T. Jackson
- 02-13-17 #963 Mark Johnson
- 02-20-17 #088 Jammy Shinault
- 02-27-17 #930 Cory Haymore
- 03-06-17 #229 William Lawson
- 03-13-17 #435 Chuck Taylor
- 03-20-17 #044 Billy Hawks
- 03-27-17 #942 Mike Mills
- 04-03-17 #050 Larry Haynes
- 04-10-17 #581 Mike Gammons
- 04-17-17 #888 Tim Stevens