Welcome to the Mount Airy Elk's Lodge! We are located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Surry County, NC on Elks Drive just off Andy Griffith Parkway (US 52) in Mount Airy, NC. Stop by and join us for some fun and fellowship!
Elks Care. Elks Share!
Although its a small town lodge, Elkdom is very much alive and well in Mount Airy. Between activities in the Ballroom, catered events in the Dining Room, billiards and ping pong in the Rec Room, fun at the pool, and live entertainment in our spacious lounge, there's always something going on at the Mount Airy Lodge.
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays except July and August when we meet on the 2nd Thursday only. Meetings are held in the ballroom at 7:00 PM.
Elks CreedBelieve in the goodness in thy self, as well as in others.
Protect childhood with tenderness, old age with respect, cherish with reverence the memory of those who have passed.
Observe faithfully the golden rule.
Enjoy the good things of earth, keep within thee the glorious sunshine of youth and remain always of good cheer.
An Elk is never forgotten, never forsaken!
Mt. Airy Elks Gun Giveaway 2015
Here's how it works:
- One gun given away each week starting on Monday, January 5 2015
- There will be 1000 tickets sold numbered 000 - 999
- Winning number is the Monday Pick-3 Day Drawing of Virginia Lottery
- There will be 52 Guns Given Away
- Each ticket is eligible for all 52 drawings. Your ticket can win more than once!
- Winning Ticket must be presented at Gun Country (421 Hadley Street, Mt. Airy, NC 27030)
- Lost or misplaced ticket: Ticket holder must contact Mt. Airy Elks lodge for verification
- Guns must be picked up within 30 days or that week's win will be void
- Ticket holder must be at least 18 years of age
- While every effort is made to supply the listed gun, substitutions may be necessary due to availability issues beyond the control of Mt. Airy Elks Lodge and Gun Country, Inc.
1 Ticket for $35 2 Tickets for $55
Downloadable flyer is here
- Be Benevolent and pay your dues, Mount Airy Lodge 2061 and Elkdom needs you. Remember The Elks and all our Charitable work!!!! !!!! Propose a new member or sponsor a reinstatement.
- We NEED the help of our members to make events happen. If you are interested in helping on a committee, please talk to Barry!
- Upcoming event emails are sent as needed. Please submit your email address to receive updates. Send an email to email@example.com
- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - The Elks Auxiliary is now back in action! This long-standing part of the Mount Airy Elks Lodge has been inactive for some time but thanks to some concerned and interested members, we are up and running again. We will concentrate on children's events and activities and would love to have your help with our endeavors. If you are an Elk or the spouse/significant other of an Elk, you are eligible to be a member of the Auxiliary. Our next meeting will be held Tuesday, July 22nd at 7:00 p.m. in the lounge. To become anAuxiliary member, please attend this meeting or contact Shannon Marion at (336)401-3892.
The Elks National Hoop Shoot
Registration 1 PM
The Elks "Hoop Shoot" Free Throw Contest is the largest most visible of the many youth activities sponsored by Elks lodges. Over 3,000,000 boys and girls ages 8-13 will participate this year. The Elks "Hoop Shoot" has served to highlight the Elks commitment to America's youth. From the millions of youngsters who participate and advance through the local, district, state and regional competition, six national champions are named – one boy and one girl in each of the three categories: ages 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13. The winners each receive a trophy and their names are inscribed on a plaque at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts. Parents accompany contestants throughout the competition. The parents of finalists at the state, regional, and national levels attend the competition as guests of the Elks.
The "Hoop Shoot" program provides a constructive, character-building experience for young people who participate. This program allows competition with peers, free from outside influence of parents, coaches and teammates. It teaches young people the importance of developing individual skills. In addition to the mental and physical benefits provided by competing in the "Hoop Shoot" program, contestants at various levels of competition receive certificates of participation and achievement. Winners may receive trophies and plaques.
Most Valuable Student Contest
We had numerous outstanding entries for the Elks National Foundation - Most Valuable Student scholarship competition. The applicants are all outstanding, and the Scholarship Committee had a difficult job in choosing the applications to advance to the state level of the competition. We are proud to announce the winners at the local level:
- Justin Kiehl
- Justin Leonard
- Miranda Jones
- Logan Phillips
The Elks National Foundation will notify all applicants and inform them whether they are advancing in the contest.
Kickoff time is 6:30pm so be sure to arrive early and bring your best bragging dish to share. Patriots vs. Seahawks in Glendale, AZ
Valentine's Day Party
Bring your sweetheart and your dancing shoes for a Valentines Day Party featuring all of your favorite tunes from DJ Danny J.
Dell Guthrie & Blues Extract
The Mt. Airy Elks Lodge is proud to present, in concert, for one night only, the inimitable Dell Guthrie & Blues Extract. This is Rock 'n' Roll delivered with a class, style, and pizzaz that is rare and exceptional. Come early to get a seat (but don't expect Dell to let you stay in it!)
2015 Gun Winners
There are a few tickets still available! Contact the lodge to purchase tickets. The 2015 Gun List is here.
- 1-05-15 #606 Robert Anderson
- 1-12-15 #804 JB Kerns
- 1-19-15 #998 Eric Bunker
- 1-26-15 #045 Steven Whitaker
2014 Gun Winners
The 2014 Gun List is here.
- 1-06-14 #602 Jason Watson
- 1-13-14 #847 Patrick Inman
- 1-20-14 #834 Danny Vipperman
- 1-27-14 #362 Greg Watson
- 2-03-14 #384 Tony Eldreth
- 2-10-14 #368 Greg Watson
- 2-17-14 #470 Jean Horton
- 2-24-14 #040 Chris Akers
- 3-03-14 #269 Jeremy Johnson
- 3-10-14 #161 Tony Barker
- 3-17-14 #500 Ronda McHone
- 3-24-14 #252 Zack Williams
- 3-31-14 #929 James Gravely
- 4-07-14 #837 Steve Hiatt
- 4-14-14 #582 Eddie Webster
- 4-21-14 #898 Motorcycle Committee
- 4-28-14 #112 Mike Creed
- 5-05-14 #953 Charles Helmstetter
- 5-12-14 #149 Ed Duval
- 5-19-14 #047 Benny Stamper
- 5-26-14 #170 Barry Darnell
- 6-02-14 #071 Stonie Dunbar
- 6-09-14 #246 Wayne Haymore
- 6-16-14 #087 Dustin Marshall
- 6-23-14 #817 Jeff Davis
- 6-30-14 #299 Brian Doub
- 7-07-14 #009 Mark Marion
- 7-14-14 #249 Tony Bowman
- 7-21-14 #190 Richard Johnson
- 7-28-14 #780 Regina Lyalls
- 8-04-14 #839 Scottie Wolfe
- 8-11-14 #978 Lynn Houston
- 8-18-14 #594 Deanie Richardson
- 8-25-14 #769 Mark Marion
- 9-01-14 #545 Danny Vaughn
- 9-08-14 #756 Marty Dunbar
- 9-15-14 #615 Stan Lowe
- 9-22-14 #438 Ronnie Beauchamp
- 9-29-14 #696 Garnett Beasley
- 10-06-14 #340 Elks VC
- 10-13-14 #942 Mike Darnell *
- 10-20-14 #725 David Pegram
- 10-27-14 #198 Robert Williams
- 11-03-14 #389 Jeff McDowell
- 11-10-14 #120 Elks Motorcycle Comm
- 11-17-14 #591 John Miller
- 11-24-14 #254 Gray Shelton
- 12-01-14 #942 Mike Darnell *
- 12-08-14 #982 Chris Dunbar
- 12-15-14 #949 Michael Ibe
- 12-22-14 #818 Sam Kidd
- 12-29-14 #932 Steve Blackmon
* - Multiple wins on the same ticket