Welcome to the Mount Airy Elk's Lodge! We are located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Surry County, NC on Elks Drive just off Andy Griffith Parkway (US 52) in Mount Airy, NC. Stop by and join us for some fun and fellowship!
Elks Care. Elks Share!
Although its a small town lodge, Elkdom is very much alive and well in Mount Airy. Between activities in the Ballroom, catered events in the Dining Room, billiards and ping pong in the Rec Room, fun at the pool, and live entertainment in our spacious lounge, there's always something going on at the Mount Airy Lodge.
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays except July and August when we meet on the 2nd Thursday only. Meetings are held in the ballroom at 7:00 PM.
Elks CreedBelieve in the goodness in thy self, as well as in others.
Protect childhood with tenderness, old age with respect, cherish with reverence the memory of those who have passed.
Observe faithfully the golden rule.
Enjoy the good things of earth, keep within thee the glorious sunshine of youth and remain always of good cheer.
Brother and Sister Elks:
February is already here and a new month excites me as to what we will accomplish. We are a family of Elks that take on projects and set goals for the betterment of our Lodge and our community and we always seem to succeed. It makes me very proud to be an Elk, especially a Mount Airy Elk.
Our annual Super Bowl party will be held on Sunday, February 5th beginning at 5:00pm. Please bring your favorite party food for all to enjoy.
The district Hoop Shoot was held on Saturday, January 28th in Winston Salem. Of the six finalists from our West Central District, three of them represent our Lodge: Cassie Hiatt (8-9 year old girls), Brooklyn Gammons (10-11 year old girls), and Ben Harrison (12-13 year old boys). Congratulations and good luck to them as they move on to the state Hoop Shoot in Greensboro on Saturday, February 11th.
The inaugural 9-Ball tournament will be held on Friday the 3rd at 7:00pm....congratulations to the qualifiers. A new 9-Ball tournament will begin on Friday the 17th. Sign up will start at 6:00pm and the break will be at 7:00pm. The cost will be 5.00 per person.
Cupid Races will be on Saturday the 11th at 8:00pm and Music Night with DJ Davis will be on Saturday, February 25th at 8:00p.m.
Don't forget Hambone.....be sure to buy him a drink or donate whatever you can for Camp Carefree. We only have until the 25th.
Elk Leadership Training will be in Greensboro on Saturday the 25th from 9:45 am until 4:00 pm. All current officers must make plans to attend. I also highly recommend that anyone with aspirations to be an officer in the future attend. Please get with me for details and to discuss transportation arrangements.
Be sure to check your e-mail, our website, our Facebook page, and the monthly calendar for more February events. Please attend as many events as possible to support our Lodge.
Please keep the following people in your thoughts and prayers: Our Country, our Service Men and Women; Gary Kidd as he faces medical issues; Mel Labonte, Ray Flippen's brother and Terry Scott's wife as they battle illness; Mamie Bateman (the widow of our second Exalted Ruler) as she battles medical issues; and the family and friends of John Jackson on his passing. As I may not be aware, please let me know if you or someone in our Lodge is suffering from sickness or has lost a loved one.
An Elk is never forgotten, never forsaken!
Thad Eure Distinguished Service Award
The North Carolina State Elks Association presents it's "Thad Eure Distinguished Service Award" to Mark A. Alderman as an expression of its gratitude and appreciation for his years of loyal, dedicated, and unselfish service in the furtherance of the aims and objectives of the Order - 7th Day of May, 2016
The highest honor the NC Elks Association can award to a member is the “Thad Eure Distinguished Service Award”. At the May convention, the Board of Trustees awarded this award to Mark Alderman, secretary of the Mt. Airy Lodge. Congratulations Mark!
- Be Benevolent and pay your dues, Mount Airy Lodge 2061 and Elkdom needs you. Remember The Elks and all our Charitable work!!!! !!!! Propose a new member or sponsor a reinstatement.
- We NEED the help of our members to make events happen. If you are interested in helping on a committee, please talk to Tommy Marion!
- Upcoming event emails are sent as needed. Please submit your email address to receive updates. Send an email to email@example.com
Elks Hoop Shoot
West Central District Hoop Shoot held in Winston Salem on January 28, 2017 Winners from Mount Airy front row left to right
- 12-13 Boys Winner Ben Harrison
- 10-11 Girls Winner Brooklyn Gammons
- 8-9 Girls Winner Cassie Hiatt back row
- North Carolina Elks Hoop Shoot State Director Mark Alderman
- Exalted Ruler Mount Airy Elks Lodge 2061 Tommy Marion
Winners advance to North Carolina Elks Hoop Shoot State Finals on February 11, 2017 in Greensboro
photo by Tina Gammons
A Free Throw Program for Youth Ages 8-13
The Hoop Shoot is free to all participants and provides youth an opportunity to compete, connect and succeed.
The 2017 Hoop Shoot National Finals will take place April 22, 2017 in Chicago, IL.
Find out more!
From the Mountains to the Coast
Tribute Ride - Honor Our Veterans
The Mount Airy Elks Lodge Motorcycle Committee is proud to announce the 1st annual “From the Mountains to the Coast” tribute ride. We would like for every lodge in NC to participate in this ride from the mountains to the coast. All Elks and their guests – including cars and trucks – are welcome.
This ride is not a fundraiser or poker run. The ride is to honor our VETERANS and show our support for their sacrifices to our country.
Be sure to make reservations ASAP at the coast.
*Reservations will be going fast due to fishing season*
- 1st scheduled gathering location will be the Greensboro Elks Lodge (2201 W. Cornwallis Dr.) on May 11 at 10:00am and kickstands up at 10:30am. The route will be 220 to Rockingham – approximately 86 miles, 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 2nd gathering location is the Citgo (481 US Hwy 1 S. in Rockingham) at 12:00pm and kickstands up at 12:45pm. Traveling I-74 E – approximately 55 miles, 1 hour.
- 3rd gathering location is the Sun-Do (Exit 213 at 3623 MLK Jr. Dr. in Lumberton) at 1:45pm and kickstands up at 2:15pm. Approximately 80 miles, 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 4th and final destination is the Wilmington Elks Lodge (5102 Oleander Dr.) at 3:45pm.
- Marty Dunbar: (336)325-9348
- Mark Marion: (336)408-1706
- Tommy Marion: (336)374-0509
- Mark Alderman: (336)401-3481
- Tony Gentry: (336)401-5031
As long as there are veterans, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks will never forget them!
Looking forward to seeing everyone for fellowship and good times for this worthy cause.
$5 Entry Fee
Open to Members and Guests of Members
New Tournament starts February 17
9-Ball Partners Tournament
- Random Draw
- Round 1: Friday, Febrary 17
- Round 2: Saturday, March 4
- Round 3: Friday, March 17
Friday Rounds: Signup 6pm, Break Time 7pm
Saturday Rounds: Signup 2pm, Break Time 3pm
- 3 Qualifiers from each tournament
- Only qualify once
- Prize to winner in each qualifier
Super Bowl Party
Patriots and Falcons match up in Super Bowl LI
The Patriots and Falcons have earned the right to take the field against one another in Houston for Super Bowl LI. Who has the edge?
Bring your favorite party food to share!
And they're off! This time, the cupids are racing and we need a crowd to cheer them on!
DJ Davis will be spinning your favorite tunes in the lounge
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge 2017 Gun Giveaway
*Firearms on this list are subject to availability. Every effort will be made to provide the exact model as listed. Any minor substitutions that may be required are beyond the control of the Mount Airy Elks Lodge and Gun Country Inc.
The gunlist is available here. Here's how it works:
- 01-02-17 #279 Randy Bullin
- 01-09-17 #999 Ty Eades
- 01-16-17 #725 Darrell Garner
- 01-23-17 #984 Chris Dunbar
- 01-30-17 #211 Keith Cummings
- 02-06-17 #287 Melvin T. Jackson
- 02-13-17 #963 Mark Johnson
- 02-20-17 #088 Jammy Shinault
- 01-04-16 #113 Curtis Bruner
- 01-11-16 #032 Bryan Kidd
- 01-18-16 #726 Dean Bray III
- 01-25-16 #094 Tony Bullin
- 02-01-16 #889 Scottie Wolfe
- 02-08-16 #379 Joel Kelly
- 02-15-16 #994 Jeff Kidd
- 02-22-16 #659 Robert Jackson
- 02-28-16 #050 David Hutchens
- 03-07-16 #429 Dennis Dowling
- 03-14-16 #723 Charlie Hall
- 03-21-16 #183 Nic Brintle
- 03-28-16 #430 Mike Creed
- 04-04-16 #720 Charlie Hall
- 04-11-16 #425 Dennis Dowling
- 04-18-16 #289 Kevin Haynes
- 04-25-16 #175 Luke Golding
- 05-02-16 #668 Doug Arrington
- 05-09-16 #457 April Hiatt
- 05-16-16 #305 Steve Everett
- 05-23-16 #018 Brent Tilley
- 05-30-16 #048 B.C. Brickey
- 06-06-16 #682 Eldridge Pace
- 06-13-16 #797 Shannon Sutphin
- 06-20-16 #256 Tommy O'Conner
- 06-27-16 #574 Will Kennedy
- 07-04-16 #514 Jennifer Robertson
- 07-11-16 #306 Adam Badgett
- 07-18-16 #465 Mark Reece
- 07-25-16 #941 Ken Johnson
- 08-01-16 #603 Sidney Crose
- 08-08-16 #241 David Haynes
- 08-15-16 #978 Kevin Bateman
- 08-22-16 #867 Jason Watson
- 08-29-16 #379 **Joel Kelly
- 09-05-16 #581 Ian Vougler
- 09-12-16 #635 Doug Norman
- 09-19-16 #161 Tony Barker
- 09-26-16 #574 **Will Kennedy
- 10-03-16 #627 Joshua Wise
- 10-10-16 #985 Stonie Dunbar
- 10-17-16 #082 Ronnie Wilmoth
- 10-24-16 #883 Charlie Pennix
- 10-31-16 #566 James Belcher
- 11-07-16 #362 Mike Porey
- 11-14-16 #350 Mark Johnson
- 11-21-16 #408 Mitch Leftwich
- 11-28-16 #657 Timothy Peek
- 12-05-16 #107 Lee Littiken
- 12-12-16 #146 Randy Culler
- 12-19-16 #024 Teresa White
- 12-26-16 #274 Taylor Collins
** - Multiple winner on same ticket